As fertilizer is very sensitive to weather, daily maintenance of the equipment is vital to a smooth efficient operation. Here we share some advices and tips on how you can maintain your fertilizer business:
- Team: It is important to have a daily team planning meeting:
- Stock count must be performed before the start of every shift;
- Problems will be raised and a plan implemented;
- Best practices.
- Housekeeping: an often overlooked function
- The floor must be kept clean throughout the shift;
- Tractors and other equipment must be cleaned every day when operation is finished, fertilizer is corrosive;
- The storage area of bagged fertilizer has to be dry and organized to maintain the quality of fertilizer.
- Safety: is everyone’s responsibility
- All shifts should start with a Toolbox safety talk where employees are reminded of the importance of safety;
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) can be handed out and checked;
- Any new risks that have been identified should also be communicated to employees.
- Machines: Look after your equipment:
- At the start of the shift equipment checklists will need to be completed and signed off and filed;
- Checklists are a proactive management of maintenance and allow us to be aware of small faults as they occur;
- Keep your fertilizer machine always clean.
These simple steps will ensure that each day starts correctly.
If you need fertilizer services to your business, contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org